- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 25 minutes
- Yield : 6
- Flour Tortillas - 4
- Ground Chicken - 1 pound
- Canned Tomatoes - 1 15-ounce can diced
- Green Chilis - 1 can diced
- Green Chili Enchilada Sauce - 1 15-ounce can
- Onion - 1 medium diced
- Jalapeno - 2 seeded and diced
- Low Sodium Black Beans - 1 can rinsed
- Chili Powder - 1 tablespoon
- Cumin - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese - 1 cup
- Olive Oil - 1 tablespoon
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Add chicken and season with chili powder, cumin, and onion. Brown the meat for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, green chilis and black beans. Heat the mixture through, 2 to 3 minutes then season with salt, to your taste.
Pour a small amount of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a shallow square baking dish and cover with one tortilla. Build lasagna in layers of meat mixture then tortillas. Repeat: meat mixture, tortilla done three times. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over entire dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake lasagna 15 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly. Use the broiler for the last minute to really brown up the top.